Finally got around to moving my Coppermine photo galleries from coolsphere.org over to the syamsul.net server. It was really much easier than I’d expected! This is what I did:
- Create a new MySQL database and username for my new Coppermine installation on syamsul.net using phpMyAdmin
- Using phpMyAdmin on coolsphere.org, export the existing Coppermine gallery database into a .sql file
- Now import that .sql file into the syamsul.net database mentioned in Step 1
- Copy (or if you know how, archive) the contents of the Coppermine installation on coolsphere.org, preserving subdirectory structures
- Upload into the desired directory and copy or restore the files in Step 4 over.
- Edit /include/config.inc.php to reflect any changed settings
Pretty easy huh? If it didn’t seem so to you, do post your query below.
Phew, managed to free up more space on coolsphere.org for my school-based websites!